4th French/Belgian OpenFOAM® users conference
June 12th and 13th, 2019 | Marseille | France
M2P2 laboratory, Ecole Centrale Marseille, Foam-Utilisateurs (the French OpenFOAM® users group), the Belgian OpenFOAM® users group are pleased to invite you to the french/belgian conference of OpenFOAM® users. For the fourth year in a row, this event aims to bring together OpenFOAM® users as well as those interested in potential applications of the software. People from academia and industry are invited to present advances in their relevant research and development fields exchanging ideas and information in an interdisciplinarity environment. This conference will provide an ideal opportunity to develop new collaborations and to meet experts.
|« Latest OpenFOAM® developments »|
|« Presentation of SALOME an Open Source integration platform for numerical simulation. »|
Call for Contributions
You are kindly encouraged to participate actively in the conference by submitting a presentation title.
We would like to keep it simple. As in previous years, the title of your contribution will suffice for the submission procedure. Whenever possible, we try to accommodate everyone but the number of places being limited, a selection will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. Be careful not to submit at the last minute !
- April 1, 2019 : end of early bird registration
- May 1, 2019 : to submit a presentation title
- June 12, 13, 2019 : conference dates
download the flyer of the conference here : to be added
Registration fees include coffee breaks with snacks, lunches (wednesday and thursday), wednesday evening social event.
- Foam-U Member, early bird : 175 €
- Non-member, early bird : 195 €
- Past the early-bird date : + 30 €
10:00-10:30 | Registration desk opens
10:30-10:40 | Welcome addresses
10:40-12:20 | Conferences (details to come)
14:00-17:00 | Conferences (details to come)
17:00 – 22:00 | Social event
09:00-16:00 | Conference
16:30-17:30 | Foam-Utilisateurs general assembly
Some presentations to come :
- Mathieu Antoine, LEGI, Eulerian-Eulerian two-phase flow Large Eddy Simulation of dilute suspended load: development of sub-grid models
- Ben-Ali Mohamed Yacine, INRIA, Data assimilation methodology for reconstruction of mean flow arround buildings
- Coppalle Alexis, CORIA, impinging flames on a flat wall: temperature and heat flux calculations with OpenFoam
- Lionel Gamet, IFPEN, PLIC-RDF methods for VoF applications : How to reduce drastically spurious currents
- Hélie Jérôme, Continental, 3-Phase Solver for Simulation of Cavitation and Atomization
- Shaguene Julien, Artelia Group, Use of OpenFOAM for free surface flows
- Chauchat Julien, LEGI, Upscaling granular processes in sediment transport models
- Orgogozo Laurent, GET, Coupled heat and water transfers in permafrost: a case study in Central Siberia
- Vasileios Sassanis, IFPEN, Towards the simulation of reactive fixed beds
- Marco Scala, IFPEN, VoF Simulation of G/L flows with isoAdvector inside the SMX static mixer
- Dbouk Talib, IMT Lille Douai, Buoyancy-driven instability of immersed granular bed of micro-particles
And a special focus by Soulaine Cyprien, BRGM : OpenFOAM and Geosciences
Do not hesitate to submit yours !
The conference will be held in the city of Marseille (France), at Ecole Centrale, which is very convenient in terms of transportation with respect to the city center and train station. You will find travel and hotels information on this mindmap.
early bird registration : 155 euros (Foam-U members) or 175 euros (Coffee breaks, Lunches and Wednesday night dinner)
regular registration : 175 euros (Foam-U members) or 195 euros (Coffee breaks, Lunches and Wednesday night dinner)
- Aymeric Lamorlette – Aix-Marseille University
- Lilla Kapa Koloszár – VKI – Brussel
- Julien Reveillon – University of Rouen Normandie
- David Uystepruist – University of Valenciennes
- François Beaubert – University of Valenciennes
- Elena Rosu – M2P2/LMA
For any information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org