3rd French OpenFOAM® users conference
May 23rd and 24th, 2018 | Valenciennes | France
Foam-utilisateurs (French OpenFOAM® users group), the University of Valenciennes and IMT Lille Douai (University of Lille) are pleased to invite you to the third french conference of OpenFOAM® users. For the third year in a row, this event aims to bring together OpenFOAM® users as well as those interested in potential applications of the software. People from academia and industry are invited to present advances in their relevant research and development fields exchanging ideas and information in an interdisciplinarity environment. This conference will provide an ideal opportunity to develop new collaborations and to meet experts.
|“The OpenFOAM Maintenance Plan”|
|“Overview of the combustion capabilities and ongoing developments: from handling chemical mechanisms to integrating turbulence.”|
Tutorial sessions by Lilla Kapa KOLOSZÁR (VKI)
- Modeling of turbulent heat transfer: RANS & LES
- Introduction of a multi-region, multiphase (VoF) solver.
Call for Contributions
You are kindly encouraged to participate in the conference by submitting a conference talk, a paper poster or a digital poster.
We would like to keep it simple. As in previous years, the title of your contribution with a possible summary of some few lines will suffice for the submission procedure. Whenever possible, we try to accommodate everyone but the number of places being limited, a selection will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. Be careful not to submit at the last minute because this year our Belgian colleagues are invited !
- November, 2017 : submission process starts
- March 1, 2018 : early bird registration
- May 22, 2018 : late registration
- May 23, 24, 2018 : conference date
download the flyer of the conference here : flyer
09:30 – 10:30 | Registration desk opens
10:30 – 10:45 | Welcome addresses
10:45 – 18:00 | Conference sessions including coffee breaks and lunch
19:00 – 23:00 | Conference banquet
08:30 – 16:00 | Conference sessions including coffee breaks and lunch
16:00 – 16:00 | Conference End
16:30 – 18:00 | Foam-Utilisateurs general assembly
A glimpse of the conference
Here are a selection of some talks you’ll be able to assit.
- “Simulation of the piston effect of a train entering or leaving an underground station“, Aguinaga, Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment, Bogdan & Sauvageon – AREP
- “CFD simulations for a better understanding of the Hydrodynamics of Floating Wind Turbine“, Bozonnet & Borras, IFPEN
- “A multiresolution method with local mesh refinement applied to atomization“, Dabonneville, Univ of Rouen
- “Phimecasoft et OpenFOAM : une introduction aux méthodes probabilistes en CFD“, Taghon, PHIMECA Engineering
- “Switching FireFOAM from a compresssible to a low-Mach number approximation solver“, Lamorlette & Souvandy, AMU
- “Study of the propagation of a methane / air flame in various types of tubes“, Lecocq, INERIS
- “Advanced atomization modeling: FCC (FLuid Catalytic Cracking) applications“, Anez, CORIA
The conference will be held in the city of Valenciennes (France), at University of Valenciennes, which is very convenient in terms of transportation with respect to the city center and train station. You will find some hotel in SomeHotelsinValenciennes (or on the map).
early bird registration : 155 euros (Foam-U members) or 175 euros (Coffee breaks, Lunches and Wednesday night dinner)
- François Beaubert – University of Valenciennes
- Talib Dbouk – IMT Lille Douai (University of Lille)
- Julien Reveillon – University of Rouen
- David Uystepruyst – University of Valenciennes
- Francesco Contino – BURN Joint Research Group – Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Lilla Koloszar – von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics
For any information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org